APP and Controlpoint Ireland have joined forces to provide the Irish pipeline sector with a range of competence and compliance based training courses.
System and Asset Integrity is key to a Utility provider and asset owner. Our courses are designed to improve and develop pipeline installation techniques with the emphasis on practical hands on training. Delegates can return to the workplace more proficient and better equipped with more relevant and up to date knowledge.
New specialist training facilities have been created at our facility in Lisburn. These include:
- ● A purpose built trench that allows the operator to install pipelines in a “real” environment whilst subjected to the obstacles and elements routinely experienced in the field
- ● A dedicated classroom providing a safe training environment for demonstration and assessment
- ● A product demonstration area to highlight and identify potential material selection options
- ● A cafeteria equipped to provide refreshment and opportunity to relax between training sessions
City & Guilds
In conjunction with Develop UK, APP offer City & Guilds training courses for Electrofusion and Butt Fusion jointing of PE pipe systems. Utilising specialist training equipment at our facilities in Lisburn, training is delivered by qualified City and Guilds Trainers providing the candidate with formal city and guilds certification.
In conjunction with Controlpoint Ireland, APP offer training courses for Electrofusion and Butt Fusion jointing of PE pipe systems. Utilising specialist training equipment at our facilities in Lisburn, training is delivered by qualified Trainers providing the candidate with industry recognised certification.
Product & Sector Training
APP in conjunction with our training partners offer a number of training courses for a range of pipeline products, types and applications. We are pleased to provide the following training solutions many of which can be tailored to suit an individuals or an organisations specific requirement:
– Large diameter PE preparation and installation techniques
– Preparing and assembling small bore non-ferrous products
– Assembling and tightening bolted connections
– Preparing and testing pipework
– Cable strike avoidance
– Under-pressure branch drilling training courses
– Valve actuation assembly and sizing
Company Training Days
Our facility in Lisburn is available for customers and organisations wishing to conduct their own in-house training sessions/days with full use of the facilities including training room, purpose built trench and access to our range of pipeline products.